Thursday 30 January 2020

A Question of Identity

This morning, reviewing last night's dream, I had no idea how to interpret it. Now, at bedtime, the meaning is clear.

The characters in a dream are usually, and in this case, aspects of one's own personality. So Pearse Wyse, in the dream, is my centre of wisdom, and it says to my  ego: "I don't know who you are." In other words the Centre of Wisdom is pointing out to the Ego that my identity (approaching my 77th birthday) is weak, probably meaning that I lack purpose. Should I be driven at this hour of my life? My Centre of Wisdom seems to think so. It is saying, in effect, "Wake up; have goals; re-learn who you are. Re-energise yourself."

Co-incidentally, tomorrow also marks our neighbour Great Britain's start into its new independent identity. And, as to its leader, Boris Johnson, well there's an energising Ego to emulate!

No comments:

Post a Comment